Sara Hickman's eNewsletter for May 7, 2008
Here's what I've learned this week:
10) Things are going to get nasty in the election
("...going to!?, I hear you say...) But there is
always pie! Have pie with the fam and relax
because now is the time for pie, really. Work out your
9) Things are going to get hard. But there are always hammocks...
8) Gasoline is through the roof. I heard today that it will double in the next two years. Remember: There are always bikes. There are always ways to work from home. There is always Epcot, where you can ride the groovy tram round and round and get your politicians to see the beauty in building mass transit. Before the NEXT election!
7) Ball room dancing. It is good!
6) Had a wolf show up in my front yard this a.m.. A wolf with tags. Got it home. It held my arm in it's mouth. Slimeyness!
5) Going to Half Price Books and learning about art to teach in the classroom. Making art with fifth graders. Knowing my children's friends. (That's where the real politics starts!)
4) Go pour yourself a glass of water and drink it while you finish this newsletter.
3) As my friend Steve Pietzsche said over granola this morning (after the wolf appeared), "Jesus would be turning in his grave. If He was still in it." Think about this.
2) I agree with Simon most of the time. I just don't watch enough tv to know, though.
1) I miss Aubrey Hepburn. And manners.
I'm one of a milleau of Texas singers who got to sing
a new national spot promoting Texas Tourism. Mine
includes the word ZIPPITY!
NEW SITE/NEW VIDEO
I wanted to Start the Dialogue, so Gene (the amazing) put together a site with that name. I invite you to come and converse about different topics I will post...
To get there, please go to http://startthedialogue.org and join up! It's totally, completely, 100% free and there are some great features -- share photos, create groups, blog, and join in on the dialogue.
THE FIRST TOPIC will be the death penalty, which will
include a new video created by Austin's own Marc
Brown, a local director/creative force who filmed me
for my song, "The One". Thank you, Marc...
MAY 8, THURSDAY
MAY 10, SATURDAY
MAY 11, SUNDAY
MAY 13, TUESDAY
MAY 14-16, WED-FRI
MAY 14, WEDNESDAY evening
MAY 22, THURS
MAY 24, SATURDAY (day)
MAY 24, SATURDAY (evening)
MAY 25, SUNDAY
MAY 26, MONDAY
MAY 27, TUESDAY
MAY 29, THURSDAY
MAY 31, SATURDAY
JUNE 1, SUNDAY
Still putting together the live DVD of the Poor
Summer library shows with Super Pal Universe and
CLUB PASSIM and BOSTON CHILDREN'S MUSEUM and FOX RUN !
Lots to share, so I will look forward to seeing you
Love and Grace,